Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not ready for primetime

Not getting a good feeling with this stuff. It just still feels really, really unpolished and not ready for prime-time. Here's the latest issues I've run in to:


The gist is the on an item update, the CouchDBRestStore is applying the return to the item, which means we end up with an extra id, ok, and rev fields. I've patched around that myself, but the other one stinks. For the other one, you can't delete an item using the store at all. It isn't passing along the doc rev with the DELETE call.

I know I can work around both of these, but yet another case of basic, rudimentary functionality that just doesn't work. Yes, I realize that I am using stuff from dojox. The reality is that most people are using stuff in there (e.g. grids especially) so I'm thinking that the dojox submission process needs to be much more rigorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment